Tuesday, November 10, 2009

sweat, blood, and tigers!











I am now currently at Kwantu Private Game Reserve in South Africa (check out their website!). My computer/internet access is even more limited then when i was at my previous placement, so I'm a little behind of my updates. First of all, my trip to Mozambique was amazing, i swam alongside a whale shark for 20 mintues straight! Now, here at Kwantu I am voluteering with about 15 others, most from the UK. We help with weeding, fixing and clearing fences surrounding the game reserve, go on weekly game counts and drives and interact with 2 four month old bengal tiger cubs, Tika and Masala. More pics to come when i can get back on this silly computer! The pics posted: wrestling with a bengal tiger cub, playing net ball with the girls from Grahmstown combined school near kwantu game reserve, viewing a lion feeding, and Mustafa the largest male lion in the predator camp at Kwantu

No comments:

Post a Comment