Friday, November 20, 2009

Living the dream in Jeffrey's Bay


I arrived in J-bay, South Africa on Monday and have been attempting to surf the last three days. I was scheduled to begin lessons on tuesday, but due to the excessive onshore winds lessons were postponed til wednesday. Ruben, from Holland has been my instructor for the first few sessions where I have been working on my body placement and technique in standing up.Yes, I have been able to get to my feet! We start lessons at 10 am- noon each day, and i am usually exhausted at the end. I plan practicing twice on Saturday when the wind should be offshore with much more favorable wave conditions. I am staying at the Island Vibe backpackers lodge, the ultimate place to chill with fellow backpackers and surfing school staff. I have a top bunk in a room that sleeps 10 total, so I constantly have new roommates. So for the most part I'm just relaxing and enjoying myself, surfing, shopping, eating, drinking and making countless new friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment